Sunday, March 2, 2008

willing generation

Thomas Jefferson stated "Every generation needs a new revolution." The first time that I read that quote I remember it moving me. But not in the degree that it has this week..
I began to review my life. My daily routine if you will. I thought about all the things I do for myself or my bosses or anything or anyone else that we are responsible for in this lifetime. Then I began to review the time that I spent with God and the that I spent being a disciple. I looked at how much I really I mean REALLY help others. Where I just do it knowing that no good will come out of for me. In fact knowing that I could lose something so someone else might gain.
I was was extremely disappointed with myself. and then I thought of that quote by Thomas Jefferson "Every generation needs a new revolution." But every revolution needs a willing generation. Because without a willing generation the revulotion is hopeless. It is lost. A waste of time.
That's why I believe that we need to be a willing generation. Not willing to preach the biggest conference or do the music at the sweetest live recordings this year. But willing to witness to that homosexual at work and invite them to church. Or that hooker that you pass everyday on the "wrong" side of town. Or the girl that sits at her desk at work and speaks to no one. Or the girl at school that no one will talk to because she's not popular or maybe a little to heavy.
Or willing to move chairs or vacccum after church. Or pick up the elderly that can't drive anymore. Or pay for that person's meal that might be having a hard month. Or even really caring enough to actually listen to what someone has to say and care.
All I ask is that we become a willing generation with a servent's heart. Not for the betterment of ourselves but for the betterment of others.
Thank you and Goodnight.
//be you//be different//be willing//be ONEMOMENT

//marcus//beecham

No comments: